Our Firm Specializes in the Following Areas:
Real Estate Law
When it comes to the scope of our clients’ real estate ventures, we have experience with transactions of all sizes and scope. Whether you are a Seller, Purchaser, Lender, Borrower, Sponsor, Developer, Landlord or Tenant, the Law Offices of Michael J. Simon will guide you seamlessly from initial offering through final purchase, sale or lease while managing all negotiations and document preparation along the way.
Commercial Real Estate Transaction Highlights:
- Representing Equity Fund sale of 300,000 square foot 25-story Class A office building in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Representing Developer in the acquisition, financing, development, and rental of a 48,000 square foot 4-story residential building consisting of 52 apartments in Hartsdale, NY.
- Representing Equity Fund sale of 88,958 square foot 3-story Class A Medical Building in Nevada.
- Representing Sponsor in a 26 single-family home development project in Westchester County, NY. Responsibilities included: property acquisition; preparation and filing of offering plan and amendments with the Real Estate Finance Bureau of New York State; negotiation of construction financing; drafting and finalizing general contractor and sub-contractor agreements; and closing of the homes.
- Representing Owners and Tenants in commercial lease negotiations throughout the greater metropolitan area.
- Representing Sponsors in projects located in Westchester County and New York City.
Residential Real Estate Transaction Highlights:
- Representing hundreds of Sellers and Buyers of New York City cooperative and condominium apartments.
- Representing hundreds of Sellers and Buyers of one and multifamily houses in New York City, Westchester, Nassau, and Suffolk County.
- Representing Institutional and Private Lenders in the financing of residential properties.
- Advising Landlords and Tenants in areas of landlord-tenant disputes.
The Law Offices of Michael J. Simon provide small and mid-sized businesses with the legal guidance and representation needed for today’s challenging marketplace. With the formulation, acquisition, and disposition of each new business entity, our services extend to the preparation and negotiation of all company agreements including but not limited to: Operating, Shareholder, Employment, Separation/Severance, Options, Non-Disclosure, Confidentiality, and Agreements. In financing, we prepare and negotiate all loan documents including but not limited to promissory notes, guarantees, loan and security agreements, and all other ancillary documentation. For new business entrepreneurs and investors, our firm provides special start-up counseling and offers guidance to new owners in choosing the appropriate entity vehicle to best accomplish their goals.
Commercial Transaction Highlights:
- Representing Founders of a startup hearing aid clinic business in their sale to an equity fund for $95,000,000 after serving as outside general counsel involved in all aspects of the business including the acquisition of 100 plus clinics throughout the country.
- Representing New York Media company in all aspects of its business including the acquisition and sale of various media assets including the sale of Avenue Magazine and acquisition and development of Dan’s Papers. Other aspects include working with investors and lenders to secure financing, various employment matters including preparation of executive employment agreements and preparation of contracts for various media events.
- Preparation of hundreds of operating agreements-shareholder and partnership agreements for start-up and mature businesses.
- Preparation and negotiation of all types of agreements required by businesses including asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, buy-sell agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, vendor contracts, lease agreements, and other agreements used in the ownership and operation of a business.
Estate and Family Planning
The Estate Planning practice is devoted to the preservation of our clients’ hard-earned capital and the avoidance of unnecessary taxes and expenditures. The firm specializes in the drafting of all pertinent documentation including wills, life insurance trusts, family limited liability companies and partnerships, living wills, and health care proxies.
Estate and Family Planning Highlights:
- Preparation of Wills including Simple Wills and Wills requiring estate tax planning such as Marital Trusts, Q-Tip trusts, and Credit Shelter Trusts.
- Preparation of Trusts including irrevocable life insurance trusts.
- Preparation of Living Wills and Health Care Proxies.
- Preparation of General Powers of Attorney and Springing Powers of Attorney.
- Will probating.
- Pre-Marital Nuptial Agreements and Post-Marital Nuptial Agreements.
- Advising on the transition of closely held businesses to the next generation.